PROJECT: E-Commerce Website Design
Studio KotoKoto offers distinctive, handmade objects by artists from Japan, the U.S., and around the world. KotoKoto is an onomatopoeic term meaning “gentle simmering” in Japanese. The feeling of a happy, comfortable home and the slower lifestyle that KotoKoto represents is what they wanted site visitors to experience.
- With their carefully curated gallery of products from premier artists, they wanted to convey and elegance and simplicity that was in line with the aesthetic of their brand.
- Easy to use navigation that would not clutter and detract away from the works of art.
- A beautiful blog that inform visitors about the history and techniques behind the crafts of each artisan. This would develop a following for them beyond the shopping experience and lead buyers into more informed purchases.
- An affordable shopping cart solution for a start-up business
- A separation of blog vs. shop so that users would not be confused with cross-posts and links.
- A WordPress enabled website that is easily manageable and fully expandable.
- A clean and white gallery design that would highlight the beautiful photography.
- Jigoshop open-source shopping cart solution using standard Paypal (a scaleable solution they could upgrade from) that integrated well with special custom coding.
- UPS and USPS integration with special Table Rate Shipping options for custom shipping options.
THEIR PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE PACKAGE INCLUDED:
- Custom site build
- Jigoshop integration with custom programming
- E-commerce consultation
- Marketing consultation